Applicants to the Goya Foods Culinary Arts Scholarship Program must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a United States citizen, a legal permanent resident, or a student granted Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- U.S. citizens must provide a copy of their birth certificate, U.S. passport, certificate of citizenship or naturalization certificate.
- Permanent residents must provide a copy of their current permanent resident card or a current passport stamped I-551.
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) must provide a copy of their DACA approval letter.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or its equivalent.
- Candidates must be obtaining their first undergraduate degree.
- Must be entering an accredited two-year or four-year institution as freshmen and majoring in a full-time Culinary Arts or Food Sciences* program for the 2021-22 academic year. Students enrolling in a two-year junior or community college must plan to transfer to a four-year institution to earn a bachelor’s degree and to receive the total maximum scholarship award of $20,000.
- Applicants may also be children of a Goya employee, broker, or independent driver provided they meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Must be willing to complete 10 hours per month of community service; this activity to be tracked by Scholarship America.