- Scholarships can be awarded to any volunteer who is age 21 or younger and has volunteered for a minimum of 100 hours in service to veterans.
- Volunteer hours can be accumulated at a VA medical center, under DAV’s Volunteer for Veterans Program and/or the Local Veterans Assistance Program (LVAP). Hours must be credited to Disabled American Veterans.
- Scholarships can be used at any accredited institution of higher learning; to include universities, colleges, community colleges, vocational schools, etc.
- Scholarships must be utilized in full prior to the recipient attaining the age of 25, or within 6 years of receiving the scholarship, whichever is later.
- Nominations for this award may be submitted by the applicant, Voluntary Service Program Managers at VA medical centers, members of DAV departments and chapters, or friends and family.