Women’s Army Corps Veterans’ Association Scholarship
The Women’s Army Corps Veterans Association Scholarship has been established to recognize relatives of Army Service Women. This scholarship is based upon academic achievement and leadership as expressed through co-curricular activities and community involvement.
Who is eligible to apply for the Women’s Army Corps Veterans’ Association Scholarship?
- must be a United States Citizen
- a high school Graduating Senior, showing academic promise, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. Include a letter from the high school attending, with transcripts
- submit a biographical sketch and letter stating goals and how the scholarship will be used
- applicants must plan to enroll as a full-time student at an accredited college or university in the United States in pursuit of a degree course of study
- applicants must be a child, grandchild, niece or nephew of an Army Service Woman, and must submit documentation of sponsor’s military service
How much is the Women’s Army Corps Veterans’ Association Scholarship worth?
This scholarship is worth $1,500!
When is the Women’s Army Corps Veterans’ Association Scholarship application?
The application deadline is February 2nd of the student’s senior year.
Who is eligible to apply for the Sugar Spun Scholarship?
This scholarship is open to incoming freshmen, transfer students, undergraduate, and graduate students. The applicant must be attending or accepted into a U.S. college or university. Winner must be able to provide proof of enrollment in either an undergraduate or graduate program.
- The essay must be written in English and should not exceed 1,000 words
- Students must be attending or accepted into a US college or university.
Please save and send electronic submissions in Word or PDF format (PDF preferred). You must submit an original essay, and
may apply one time each year. The winner will be required to provide proof of enrollment before the scholarship will be awarded.
Applicants must agree to Sugar Spun Run’s Official Scholarship Rules and must follow all instructions to be considered.
Essays will be judged on originality, creativity, style, grammar, punctuation, and spelling, as well as adherence to the essay prompt.
Applicants must write an essay based on one of the following prompts:
- Your most memorable meal
- A life lesson learned through food
- If you could sit down to a meal with any person in history, living or dead, who would you choose, and why? Include the food that you would serve.
Please make sure that include the prompt you have chosen as the title.
How much is the Sugar Spun Scholarship worth?
The Sugar Spun Scholarship is worth a sweet $500!
When is the Sugar Spun Scholarship application due?
All submissions must be received by 11:59 pm EST, August 1st, 2020.
Please contact Scholarship@Sugarspunrun.com with any further questions regarding this scholarship.