Each year in celebration of Anne Frank’s birthday, the AFC hosts the Spirit of Anne Frank Awards (SAFA) to recognize worthy students, educators, citizens, peacemakers, and role models who uphold Anne’s ideals of hope, justice, and equality. Scholarship and humanitarian award recipients are selected based on their extraordinary social and humanitarian efforts to engender understanding, equality, and mutual respect among diverse populations of people.
Who is eligible to apply for the Spirit of Anne Frank Scholarships Program?
- Must be enrolled as a senior in a high school in the United States.
- Must be graduating high school by July 2020.
- Must be planning to attend an accredited, four-year undergraduate college/university in the fall of 2020.
- Must be willing and able to attend the Anne Frank Center awards ceremony in New York City. Transportation and accommodation will be provided for each winner and one chaperone.
- Must consent to our sharing your name, photo, essay, and award details as necessary for media and marketing announcing your award.
- Must be willing and able to represent the Anne Frank Center as a Youth Ambassador, should the opportunity arise to be a spokesperson, share your story, attend follow-up events, and maintain contact in subsequent years.
In addition to the above requirements, applicants must write a 1,000 personal essay and also submit two letters of recommendation. Details can be found on the website.
How much are scholarships worth?
Prize amounts and the number of awards available vary by year, but typically include multiple scholarships ranging from $1000 to $5000 as a stipend towards an accredited college education.
In addition, winners are recognized and invited to attend the annual SAFA fundraising gala and awards ceremony in New York City.
When is the deadline to apply? Make sure you apply by January 31, 2020!
The Taco Bell Live Más Scholarships are offered through the Taco Bell Foundation. In 2020, the Foundation will award $6 million in scholarships to deserving students! This scholarship is renewable and aims to support students pursuing a wide array of post-secondary educational programs. College is not one-size-fits-all and Taco Bell acknowledges this through their scholarship!
Who is eligible to apply for the Taco Bell Live Más Scholarships?
To be eligible, students must:
- Be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the Washington, D.C.
- At least 16 years of age and no older than 24 years of age
- Located in the United States or in Washington, D.C.
- On track to apply for or currently enrolled in an accredited post-high school/post-secondary educational program (including accredited two-and four-year colleges, universities, vocational-technical and trade schools).
How can students apply fo the Taco Bell Live Más Scholarships?
Create an account and submit a video (between 30 seconds and two minutes in length) that tells us the story of your life’s passion. It could be a short film, animation or just a simple testimonial. This is not about how well you can make a film – simply show your passion and explain why you should be considered for a scholarship. There are a few specific questions you should consider while filming, including what college you are attending, the next steps in attaining your dream education, and how following your passion and reaching your goals will impact your local community and/or the world at large.
How much are these scholarships worth?
Scholarship awards range from $5,000 to $25,000 per year.
When is the deadline to apply for the Taco Bell Live Más Scholarships?
The application deadline is January 23, 2020 at 5:00PM PST.
If you have any further questions about this scholarship program, check out this handy FAQs page.