The Jackie Robinson Foundation aims to preserve the legacy of Hall of Fame baseball player Jackie Robinson through various scholarships. The various awards provided through the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship program help support students from minority backgrounds. This scholarship is offered each year to students who embody the excellence and leadership of Jackie Robinson.
Who is eligible to apply Jackie Robinson Scholarship?
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Plan to attend an accredited and approved four-year institution within the United States
- Show leadership potential
- Demonstrate a dedication to community service
- Present evidence of demonstrated financial need
- Be a United States citizen
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1,000 combined on the math and critical reading sections or a composite ACT score of 21;
- Not possess a degree from a 2 or 4–year College when applying for the scholarship.
The required components of the are:
- The online application, which includes four essay questions
- A professional, hi-resolution digital photo (headshots only, in a JPEG format) – you may submit a high school senior graduation photo
- One letter of recommendation (letters of recommendation can be from a teacher, a mentor, a guidance counselor, or an employer)
- SAT or ACT scores: If you have taken the SAT or ACT more than once, please enter your best scores from each test. Note that the scholarship committee will not be considering the writing scores as part of their review process.
How much is the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship worth?
The Jackie Robinson Foundation provides scholarships of up to $30,000 over four years of college! This means that you could potentially pay for half of your college tuition with a single scholarship! Typically, 60 scholarships are awarded.
When is the Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship application due?
The completed application is due February 1, 2020.
Applicants for the Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarships will be judged on having shown compassion, courage, and a strong commitment to promoting a peaceful world through a vegetarian diet/lifestyle.
Who is eligible to apply for the Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarships?
The contest is open to all Class of 2020 graduating high school students in the U.S. who have promoted vegetarianism in their schools and/or communities.
What are the application requirements?
Send the application and attachments to The Vegetarian Resource Group, P.O. Box 1463, Baltimore, MD 21203. For more information call (410) 366-8343 or email email@example.com. The “application” is essentially a cover letter covering a variety of questions (listed on the scholarship site), along with an essay addressing a variety of questions posted by the Vegetarian Resource Group (once again, available on the site). A form (containing all of the same information already mentioned) is also available as a PDF.
How much are the Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarships worth?
One award of $10,000 and two awards of $5,000 will be given.
Applications must be submitted by February 20, 2020.