The Shout It Out Scholarship Scholarship is your chance to win $1500 for telling the world whats on your mind! The folks at Unigo want to hear what you have to say, so let them hear you loud and clear!
Who is eligible to apply for the Shout It Out Scholarship?
In order to the eligible for the Shout It Out Scholarship students must meet the following criteria:
- Be thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of application
- Be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- Be currently enrolled (or enroll no later than the fall of 2025) in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education
This is an easy essay scholarship! All you have to do is submit an online short written response (250 words or less) for the question:
“If you could say one thing to the entire world at once, what would it be and why?”
How much is the scholarship worth?
The winner of the Shout It Out Scholarship will receive $1500!
When is the deadline to apply?
All applications for the Shout It Out Scholarship must be received by September 30th, 2019.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) was founded in 1975. It was established to assist high-achieving college bound students of Hispanic heritage with demonstrated financial need. To date, the HSF has awarded over $588 million dollars! Being awarded a Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship is about so much more than just financial support though. As students and their parents navigate their way through higher education, the HSF provides resources and support along the way.
Click here to read about some of the resources the HSF offers. The HSF also offers students and families a plethora of programs, including free bilingual workshops and college camps. In addition, the HSF offers the four-day Youth Leadership Institute where students learn to successfully apply to top colleges. In short, the HSF offers amazing resources to high achieving Hispanic students! While applicants are eligible no matter what subject they are majoring in, those who plan to major in STEM fields will be emphasized.
Who is eligible to apply for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund Scholarship?
The following requirements apply to applicants:
- Must be of Hispanic heritage
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for high school students
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale for undergraduate and graduate students
- Plan to enroll full-time in an accredited, not-for-profit, four-year university, or graduate school
- US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, DACA, or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA)
- Complete FAFSA or state based financial aid application (if applicable)
How much is the HSF Scholarship worth?
These awards are based on merit, so individual dollar amounts will vary according to student achievement. Among the scholars selected, most awards usually range from $500 to $5,000.
When is the HSF Scholarship application due?
The application is due on February 15, 2020. After a finalist period, HSF Scholars will be selected in May 2020. The scholarships will be awarded between October and December 2020.