The Automotive Hall of Fame tells the stories of outstanding automotive achievement, including how the industry impacts the world. Established in 1939, the Hall honors the contributions of the early automobile pioneers from the world over. They generously award over $20,000 through the Automotive Hall of Fame Scholarships to students with a genuine interest in an automotive career. Through these scholarships, the Hall hopes to support the next generation of students with financial need as they pursue their academic goals.
Who is eligible for Automotive Hall of Fame Scholarships?
To be eligible for a scholarship, you must:
- Submit a completed application form indicating a sincere interest in an automotive career
- Provide an official transcript of all academic work
- Submit two letters of recommendation supporting your automotive interests
- Submit a letter of acceptance for an associate, bachelor, or masters program
- Be a United States citizen or in the United States on a Student Visa
- Enroll as a full-time student
- Have 3.0 GPA or higher
Students attending a technical training school may also apply (trade school should equal a two-year associate program).
Three are multiple requirements for this application, so make sure that you give yourself plenty of time to apply. While the application does not require an essay, those two recommendations take time for whoever you ask, so think ahead!
How much are these scholarships worth?
The Automotive Hall of Fame serves as administrator to over $20,000 in combined college scholarships annually.
When is the application for the Automotive Hall of Fame Scholarships due?
Entries must be postmarked by June 30, 2020. Winners are notified in August. The scholarship recipients’ schools will receive a check to be applied toward tuition or fees.